Re: [bug fix] psql's \conninfo reports incorrect destination on Windows

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix] psql's \conninfo reports incorrect destination on Windows
Date: 2014-01-24 12:00:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Fujii Masao" <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
> I think that 77035fa8a92d8c39f4c689e54f46813f203f09a8 fixed this problem.
> Please check that.

I looked through your patch. I'm fine with the PQhostaddr(). I didn't
notice the problem when hostaddr was passed to psql on Windows.

OTOH, regarding PQhost(), I think we had better take my patch.
connectOptions2() computes and set derived values to PGconn, so that
PGconn's members have values which are actually used for connection. To
follow that rule, PGconn->pghost may as well have "localhost" on machines
without UNIX domain sockets. Plus, if we want to refer to the actual
connection target for libpq implementation in other places than PQhost(), we
can just use PGconn's members. If we do so, we don't have to change
PQhost().

Could you replace the patch?

Regards
MauMau