Re: installdir patch for win32

From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: 'Tom Lane ' <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "''pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org' '" <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: installdir patch for win32
Date: 2004-03-25 23:14:32
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> If the problem is that we need PKGLIBDIR not to be frozen at compile
> time, then let's fix the problem for everybody, not add a pile of
> undocumented #ifdef WIN32 hacks. (And it is a problem for everybody;

Happy to go with whatever you can suggest. However, will point out that this
patch is refactoring for general use code which had already accepted and in
the source base, and for which opinions had already been previously
canvassed.

> Every "#ifdef WIN32" I see reduces my opinion of the quality of work
> being done for this port.

At risk of getting (further? :-) on your bad side, IMHO that is a specious
metric.

Cheers,
Claudio

---