postgres 7.1.1 on Freebsd 4.3?

From: "Rudy Amid" <radix33(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: postgres 7.1.1 on Freebsd 4.3?
Date: 2001-11-06 05:58:37
Lists: pgsql-general

I hope I got the right newsgroup to ask this question, so here goes:

Anyone got Postgres 7.1.1 to work under FreeBSD 4.3? It compiled fine but
here's what I got when I ran postmaster:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1236992, 03600) failed: Cannot
allocate memory

The Postgres FAQ states that my kernel may not have enough (~10Mb) of shared
memory, but to my dismay, I also can't figure out how to tweak that on the
freebsd kernel config.

If anyone ran across this problem before and have a solution, please let me
know.

Thanks!
Rudy