Re: Accessing Database files on a "read-only" medium...like a CD.

From: "Kelly Harmon" <kelly(dot)harmon(at)byers(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Accessing Database files on a "read-only" medium...like a CD.
Date: 2001-10-08 08:00:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> And Postgres is not very forgiving if it ever figures out that it's been
> tricked...that definitely needs to be worked out.

What I'm sort of leaning towards is to catch these attempted writes early
on, and not have to deal with a lot of cleaning up after the fact.

I guess Postgres already supports the concept of a "read-only" database from
a user permissions perspective, right? So maybe take advantage of that
existing functionality?