so much to learn

From: "John Fabiani" <jfabiani(at)yolo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: so much to learn
Date: 2001-10-03 21:21:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I have just installed RH 7.1 server on a 733MHz machine. I also have
installed postgresql 7.1.3. I can run the examples from the postgres
interactive tutorial but I can't figure out how to access the data from a
remote computer. I have a laptop with RH 7.0 (all the network things work
i.e. telenet,NFS) and want to be able to connect to the server to access the
postgresql. I think I'm missing something or just don't understand what I'm
suppose to do. What I really want to do is get Kylix to access the data from
the laptop. I hoping someone knows how to access the postgres server via the
network or point me to a website.
TIA
John