Function return rows?

From: "Pat M" <pmeloy(at)removethispart(dot)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Function return rows?
Date: 2001-09-29 16:17:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Can I use a function to execute a query and return a row or set of rows? If
so, can you point me to some examples or perhaps give me an example of a
function that would do roughly the same thing as:

select * from mytable where mytable.name ~* 'aname';

I can't seem to find any examples that return rows, just single ints and
bools and stuff.