CREATION OF PRIMARY KEYS

From: "Andy Hallam" <ahm(at)exel(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATION OF PRIMARY KEYS
Date: 2001-09-27 11:55:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all.

I'm trying to create a PRIMARY KEY on a table I've created but am not having
any success.

TABLE SCHEMA SQL = :

CREATE TABLE X (XCOL CHAR(10))

When I execute either of the below 2 ALTER TABLE commands:

ALTER TABLE X ADD CONSTRAINT PK_X PRIMARY KEY (XCOL)
or
ALTER TABLE X ADD PRIMARY KEY (XCOL)

I keep getting the following error message:

ERROR: ALTER TABLE/ ADD CONSTRAINT is not implemented for that constraint
type. (State:S1000, Native Code: 7)

Can't find anything in the documentation?

Any ideas ?

thanks.

Andy
ahm(at)exel(dot)co(dot)uk