changes to table creation syntax in 7.1.2?

From: "Jayson Callaway" <jayson(dot)callaway(at)iona(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: changes to table creation syntax in 7.1.2?
Date: 2001-08-22 04:23:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

In postgres 7.0.x I had some working code that lookes something like:

CREATE TABLE category
(
uid int4 PRIMARY KEY,
description text NOT NULL,
parent int4 NULL REFERENCES category(uid)
)

After upgrading to postgres 7.1.2 however this syntax is not accepted
anymore. I receive an error that says it can not create the reference
because the table category does not exist.

How do I setup this type of reference structure in 7.1.2? Did the syntax
change?

I am running under Linux.
--
Jayson Callaway