How to alias encoding to postgresql

From: "Surachai Locharoen" <kan2005(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to alias encoding to postgresql
Date: 2008-01-25 10:10:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear all
I am a newbie postgresql admin. I use FME GIS Tool to translate mapinfo
file to postgis. My problem is the translation tools use encoding of the
system as postgis client encoding. (System encoding is "WINDOWS-874-2000").
However postgis client is recognise only encoding name "WIN874". The both is
the same but different in name. I try to config the tool to overide encoding
manaually but not success. I think it be good if I can add alias encoding to
postgresql. How could I add the aliase encoding name to WIN874?

Best Regard,

--
Surachai Locharoen