Re: pgsql: Switch pg_verify_checksums back to a blacklist

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Switch pg_verify_checksums back to a blacklist
Date: 2018-11-30 19:18:18
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 11/30/18 12:35 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 01:36:43AM +0000, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Switch pg_verify_checksums back to a blacklist
>>
>> This basically reverts commit d55241af705667d4503638e3f77d3689fd6be31,
>> leaving around a portion of the regression tests still adapted with
>> empty relation files, and corrupted cases. This is also proving to be
>> failing to check properly relation files located in a non-default
>> tablespace path.
> So, jacana is not in love with this commit for the tests:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=jacana&dt=2018-11-30%2003%3A34%3A23
>
> The error is here:
> server started
> # Postmaster PID for node "node_checksum" is 14820
> error running SQL: 'psql:<stdin>:1: ERROR: directory
> "/home/pgrunner/bf/root/HEAD/pgsql.build/src/bin/pg_verify_checksums/tmp_check/t_002_actions_node_checksum_data/ts_corrupt_dir"
> does not exist'
>
> What visibly happens is that we create a path for a tablespace which
> will include a corrupted table. However psql tries to run CREATE
> TABLESPACE but gets back a complain about the path not existing. The
> thing is that mkdir has been used beforehand so the path should be
> here.
>
> I have tested this set of TAP tests on my Windows 10 VM with MSVC 2015
> before commit and those tests passed. Could it be that jacana is using
> msys, so a trick similar to what is used in 014_unlogged_reinit.pl is
> necessary?
>
> Andrew, could you confirm if the patch attached works? I would prefer
> not doing a blind fix if possible..

All it actually needs is this additional line after the mkdir:

$tablespace_dir = TestLib::real_dir($tablespace_dir);

Explanation: TAP tests on msys need to run with the DTK perl, which
understands msys virtualized paths. Postgres, however, does not
understand such paths, so before you use such a value in, say, CREATE
TABLESPACE, you need to translate it into a path on the underlying file
system.

cheers

andrew

--