Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ronan Dunklau <ronan(dot)dunklau(at)aiven(dot)io>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Use generation context to speed up tuplesorts
Date: 2023-06-18 18:22:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Ronan,

We briefly chatted about the glibc-tuning part of this thread at pgcon,
so I wonder if you're still planning to pursue that. If you do, I
suggest we start a fresh thread, so that it's not mixed with the already
committed improvements of generation context.

I wonder what's the situation with the generation context improvements
already pushed - does setting the glibc thresholds still help, and if
yes how much?

regards

--
Tomas Vondra