Re: trouble removing 8.0 driver in xp

From: Jonathan Fuerth <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
To: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble removing 8.0 driver in xp
Date: 2005-06-09 15:01:53
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Jun 9, 2005, at 10:15 AM, Joel Fradkin wrote:

> Anyone tell me what files I need to remove (I removed via remove
> programs and it is still working, I want to switch back to 7.4
> drivers).

First, use the ODBC administrator to get rid of all the system and user
DSNs associated with the driver you want to remove.

Then, check the registry in HKLM\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI. There
will be a key for each ODBC driver in your system. Look in the
PostgreSQL one. There will be string values named "Driver" and "Setup"
that point to the driver DLL. (For postgres, both values should name
the same DLL, and it's probably in your Windows system directory).
Delete that DLL.

Then delete the PostgreSQL driver key from the registry, and delete its
entry in the "ODBC Drivers" key as well.

There might be a generic script or utility that does this automatically
for any ODBC driver, but I'm not a windows user so I can't say for
sure.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan