JSON_TABLE output collations

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JSON_TABLE output collations
Date: 2022-06-07 13:19:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The present implementation of JSON_TABLE sets the collation of the
output columns to the default collation if the specified data type is
collatable. Why don't we use the collation of the type directly? This
would make domains with attached collations work correctly.

See attached patch for how to change this. I hacked up a regression
test case to demonstrate this.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Fix-collation-of-JSON_TABLE-output-columns.patch text/plain 2.1 KB