Re: [HACKERS] switching documentation build to XSLT

From: Alexander Law <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] switching documentation build to XSLT
Date: 2016-11-21 21:05:21
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Attached patches fix the issues.
I wrote about these differences before -- see issues 12 and 20 in
http://oc.postgrespro.ru/index.php/s/Gj2PGZ9IHUbDC5t/download
(See
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4ffd72d6-8ab6-37c6-d7d5-dfed8967c0fc%40gmail.com)
If you find that some other differences are not improvements too, I can
prepare corresponding patches.

Best regards,
Alexander

21.11.2016 22:36, Tom Lane пишет:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> If you find any changes in the output that bother you, let pgsql-docs know.
> The table of contents for Appendix F has gotten more verbose, in a way
> that doesn't seem like an improvement; compare
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/contrib.html
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/contrib.html
>
> On the other hand, the table of contents disappeared entirely in
> dblink, which is definitely not an improvement:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/dblink.html
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/dblink.html
>
> regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
1-change-subtoc-condition.patch text/x-patch 4.9 KB
2-add-toc-to-sect1.patch text/x-patch 3.5 KB