PostgreSQL web administration

From: "M(dot) Sederqvist" <sederqvist(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL web administration
Date: 2008-07-01 12:38:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

First of all, sorry if it is inappropriate to post this here. If you think
so I will refrain.

The thing is, I want to develop a PostgreSQL web administration application.
By this I hope to provide pg users more options for managing their databases
remotely and collaboratively.

The application would provide regular management of database objects, and I
am also planning some group oriented features like LDAP integration,
permissions, activity log etc.

I am dying to know from PostgreSQL users (you) what they want to see in a pg
web admin product. What should the product do for you to consider using it?
What would be a killer feature for such a product? Or do you think that it
is a hopeless endeavor - either there is no need, or your needs are already
covered?

We already have phpPgAdmin which is awesome, but I'd like to build on that
and try to make something even better. I will be extremely grateful for any
and all input on this. At the same time, you might help build and shape
future options for pg users.

Again, sorry if this is inappropriate for this list.

Thanks,
Mark