Re: fix and document CLUSTER privileges

From: Gilles Darold <gilles(at)migops(dot)com>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: fix and document CLUSTER privileges
Date: 2023-01-05 13:38:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le 05/01/2023 à 06:12, Nathan Bossart a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2023 at 11:27:05PM +0100, Gilles Darold wrote:
>> Got it, this is patch add_cluster_skip_messages.patch . IMHO this patch
>> should be part of this commitfest as it is directly based on this one. You
>> could create a second patch here that adds the warning message so that
>> committers can decide here if it should be applied.
> That's fine with me. I added the warning messages in v4.

This is a bit confusing, this commitfest entry patch is also included in
an other commitfest entry [1] into patch
v3-0001-fix-maintain-privs.patch with some additional conditions.

Committers should be aware that this commitfest entry must be withdrawn
if [1] is committed first.  There is no status or dependency field that
I can use, I could move this one to "Ready for Committer" status but
this is not exact until [1] has been committed or withdrawn.

Gilles Darold