7.1 performance

From: "Thomas Heller" <maniax(at)comtron(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.1 performance
Date: 2001-04-25 14:37:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there,

i just upgraded my database system from 7.0.3 to 7.1 ... i did a dumpall and
psql -f dump.sql to the new db. the data is in place correctly and its
running fine. but as soon as i put the connections back on to the db the
load raised to 6. prior to the upgrade the system load was an 0.3 ... now it
is at 6.

is this normal for 7.1 to need so much more hardware? i use the same
settings for sort_mem, buffers, etc. just no fsync. I thought 7.1 wouldn't
need that anymore.

Any suggestions that i should do? the performance is really bad now :(

btw: the db is a dedicated p3-800 + 1gig ram + uw scsi drives running
redhat6.2

thanks cu,
thomas