Re: pageinspect: Hash index support

From: Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Janes <jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pageinspect: Hash index support
Date: 2016-09-21 12:27:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/21/2016 02:14 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Adjusted in v4.
>
> Thanks for the new version.
>
>> Code/doc will need an update once the CHI patch goes in.
>
> If you are referring to the WAL support, I guess that this patch or
> the other patch could just rebase and adjust as needed.

It is the main patch [1] that defines the new constants for page type.
But I'll submit an update for pageinspect when needed.

> hash_page_items and hash_page_stats share a lot of common points with
> their btree equivalents, still doing a refactoring would just impact
> the visibility of the code, and it is wanted as educational in this
> module, so let's go with things the way you suggest.

Ok.

> + <para>
> + The type information will be '<literal>m</literal>' for a metadata page,
> + '<literal>v</literal>' for an overflow page,
> '<literal>b</literal>' for a bucket page,
> + '<literal>i</literal>' for a bitmap page, and
> '<literal>u</literal>' for an unused page.
> + </para>
> Other functions don't go into this level of details, so I would just
> rip out this paragraph.

I'll add an annotation for this part, and leave it for the committer to
decide, since Jeff wanted documentation for the 'type' information.

> The patch looks in pretty good shape to me, so I am switching it as
> ready for committer.

Thanks for your feedback !

Best regards,
Jesper