Re: pgsql: Add function to import operating system collations

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add function to import operating system collations
Date: 2017-01-18 17:23:24
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On 1/18/17 10:43 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Maybe an appropriate fix would be to ignore collations whose names aren't
> equal to what we get for collcollate/collctype. Presumably the latter
> are getting canonicalized somehow.

Yeah, it's supposed to do that. Note that the second call to
CollationCreate() in pg_import_system_collations() has the "if not
exists" argument true regardless. So the error appears to come from the
first one.

What's fishy about this is that I can't reproduce it locally in a
variety of VMs, and the buildfarm is not unanimous either.