Re: Couple of question on functions

From: "Vyacheslav Kalinin" <vka(at)mgcp(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PGSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Couple of question on functions
Date: 2008-05-14 04:00:19
Lists: pgsql-general

> You might think it's "likely", but in fact no inlining will happen
> because you have a volatile argument that's used more than once inside
> the function body. Inlining would change the results.

Yeah, right, apparently I overestimated chances of inilining, thanks for the
hint, Tom. In fact in my project performance problem was caused by the fact
that the analogue of f2sql() was declared SECURITY INVOKER and thus could
not be inlined :-/. Uhm, does anyone else think inlining tips are worth
mentioning in docs or it's just me?