Re: BUG #13907: Restore materialized view throw permission denied

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: BUG #13907: Restore materialized view throw permission denied
Date: 2016-07-26 01:37:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 7/25/16 4:09 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
>> I'm planning to apply the attached revision as soon as I get done
>> back-porting it.
>
> I'm thinking of applying something like the attached to fix the
> rest of this bug.

The reason that ACLs are restored last is that they could contain owner
self-revokes. So anything that you run after the ACLs could fail
because of that. I think a more complete fix would be to split up the
ACL restores into the general part, which you would run right after the
object is restored, and the owner revokes, which you would run last.