Re: Decoding of two-phase xacts missing from CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <akapila(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Decoding of two-phase xacts missing from CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT command
Date: 2021-06-03 16:38:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 2021-06-03 at 09:29 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> The idea is to support two_phase via protocol with a subscriber-side
> work where we can test it as well. The code to support it via
> replication protocol is present in the first patch of subscriber-side
> work [1] which uses that code as well. Basically, we don't have a
> good
> way to test it without subscriber-side work so decided to postpone it
> till the corresponding work is done.

Thank you for clarifying.

Right now, it feels a bit incomplete. If it's not much work, I
recommend breaking out the CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT changes and updating
pg_recvlogical, so that it can go in v14 (and
pg_create_logical_replication_slot() will match
CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT). But if that's complicated or controversial,
then I'm fine waiting for the other work to complete.

Regards,
Jeff Davis