Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

From: "libra dba" <libra(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: salman <salmanb(at)quietcaresystems(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?
Date: 2008-02-27 20:54:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

continuing with the postgres replication using WARM STANDBY, what happens to
the wal_files which keeps on generating on the primary?

Do we have to manually remove them or they are removed automatically, once
they have been recovered on the warm standby?

Also a quick question, do we have to have a NFS for the wal_files, which
will be mounted on both the servers, or we can have folders on each server
and configure DRBD between them, so that whatever happens on one is copied
automatically on to the other.

Thanks!