Re: BUG #3361: connect problem with server

From: Douglas Toltzman <doug(at)oakstreetsoftware(dot)com>
To: "adesh gupta" <adesh(at)accessti(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3361: connect problem with server
Date: 2007-06-05 14:31:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

The first thing I would do is telnet to the host on port 5432 like
this ...

telnet www.outsourcingboom.com 5432

You should get connected. If you type something (e.g. hello), the
remote postgres server will not understand and will close the
connection, but you will know that the port is open and accepting
connections on that server, and there are no firewalls, etc. blocking
you.

If you cannot connect to that port, then you have either a network
problem (firewall, etc.), or the host is not configured to accept
connections from you.

On Jun 5, 2007, at 2:08 PM, adesh gupta wrote:

> Bug reference: 3361
> Logged by: adesh gupta
> Email address: adesh(at)accessti(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 7.3
> Operating system: linex
> Details:
>
> i am trying to connect postgre with php with following code.
>
> $conn = pg_pconnect("host=www.outsourcingboom.com port=5432
> dbname=<dbname>
> user=<username> password=<password>");
>
> it show this error
>
> Warning: pg_pconnect() [function.pg-pconnect]: Unable to connect to
> PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Connection refused
> Is the
> server running on host www.outsourcingboom.com and accepting TCP/IP
> connections on port 5432? in
> /home/outso4/public_html/demodesigns/access/sis/a.php on line 13
>

> what should i do for connect .
> thanks
> adesh gupta

Douglas Toltzman