BYTEA with large files leads to OutOfMemory

From: Fuchs Clemens <clemens(dot)fuchs(at)siemens(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: BYTEA with large files leads to OutOfMemory
Date: 2004-03-17 15:19:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I'm working on a project, which has to deal with files being uploaded to the
DB. I created a table using the BYTEA datataype and uploading small files
works great. But with larger files - I tested with 2.5 MB file - the memory
consumption raises incredibly and leads to a OutOfMemory exception.

I noticed several discussions about this topic, but found no solution.

Can someone help me?

thanks,
Clemens