Re: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX

From: Jose' Cruanyes <cruanyes(at)cegroup(dot)it>
To: fgoris(at)manxweb(dot)com
Cc: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org> <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: report compiling pgadmin3 on MacosX
Date: 2004-12-01 11:53:27
Lists: pgadmin-support

Il giorno 01/dic/04, alle 12:06, Frederik Goris ha scritto:

> Can you explain how you did this part? I've managed to compile,
> thanks to
> your other tips, but "creating a minimal bundle by hand" eludes me.

(little and imprecise background)
in MacOSX the applications are really "Bundles", folders with the .app
extension and a fixed structure inside that holds the executable and
the resources needed, (the structure can become pretty complex) when
the user "opens" this folders a kind of magic happens and the finder
sets the environ and launch the executable, on a normal executable file
the finder doesn't know what to do with it (launch in terminal, as
deamon, as carbon App, ecc) so you need to create a folder with the
proprer structure and contents

in our case

PGAdmin3.app (folder)
MacOS (folder)
pgadmin3 (the built executable)
ui (I've copied here the whole folder just to make it quick)

wxWidgets samples uses a script to setup the bundle (complete with
icons and the like) as last step in make, that could be borrowed

Pax et Bonum

# dott. Jose' Cruanyes Aguilar - C.E. Soft srl
# Pzza. Firenze,4 MILANO - XX Settembre 10, CREMONA
# 02,33603122 0372,460602