Question about replication options

From: Adam Tucker <atucker(at)batchblue(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about replication options
Date: 2009-12-07 18:29:18
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm interested in having live replication from one server to another, and I've looked into many of the options out there but I'm unclear on one part of it. The way our database works is that each individual user account has their own schema. When a new user signs up, a new schema is created and populated with basic data.

Slony-I seemed like a good option, but in the documentation it states that it "does not automatically propagate schema changes." Our schemas don't change after creation, but I am guessing that adding a schema to the database falls under the definition of "schema changes."

Am I wrong about that limitation of Slony-I, and if not does anyone here have a recommendation for a replication solution that would work for my situation?

Thanks,
Adam