Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder

From: "MauMau" <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Asif Naeem" <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder
Date: 2014-07-08 12:53:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From: "Asif Naeem" <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>
> Other than my pervious comments, patch looks good to me. Thanks.

Thanks for reviewing. I understood that your previous comment was to
suggest copying the desired DLLs directly from Release/Debug folder to bin.
But I'm afraid it cannot be done cleanly... CopySolutionOutput() copies all
DLLS to lib folder with no exception as follows:

if ($1 == 1)
{
$dir = "bin";
$ext = "exe";
}
elsif ($1 == 2)
{
$dir = "lib";
$ext = "dll";
}

It seems like I have to do something like this, listing the relevant DLL
names anyway. I don't think this is not cleaner.

if ($1 == 1)
{
$dir = "bin";
$ext = "exe";
}
elsif ($1 == 2 && /* the project is libpq, libecpg, etc. */)
{
$dir = "bin";
$ext = "dll";
}
elsif ($1 == 2)
{
$dir = "lib";
$ext = "dll";
}

What do you think? Am I misunderstanding your suggestion?

Regards
MauMau