Re: pgmemcache 1.0rc1...

From: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
To: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgmemcache 1.0rc1...
Date: 2004-12-18 01:31:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> What exactly does pgmemcache do?

It's the PostgreSQL interface to memcached(8). See
http://www.danga.com/memcached/ for more details.

> I am guessing it has to do with PostgreSQL, Memory, and Caching, but
> the
> readme listed below only talks about how to install it -- not what it
> does.

:) Sorry, pgmemcache is probably only of use to those who know what
memcached(8) does. That said, I invite you to read the below
presentation or look into memcached(8). I'll get to writing what
pgmemcache can do sometime this weekend.

> When I tried to fetch this document, I get "Document not found":
> http://people.FreeBSD.org/~seanc/pgmemcache/pgmemcache.pdf

Fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.
-sc

--