Re: "save history" problem

From: Jerry LeVan <jerry(dot)levan(at)eku(dot)edu>
To: dfjohnson(at)cabaret(dot)com, PostgreSQL - General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "save history" problem
Date: 2006-04-24 22:19:37
Lists: pgsql-general

David,

It appears that the problem is related to the
fact that MacOSX does not really use the libreadline
(checks and you will see that it is a symlink to
libedit.)

I asked this question a year or so ago and Tom
Lane said that when the history file was closed
that the libedit did not return the right status
code.

I got rid of the error message by changing the source
to ignore the return code...

Currently I simply ignore the error message :) and
use tools that have reduced my usage of psql to
a bare minimum. ( http://homepage.mac.com/levanj )

Jerry