Re: Function return type does not match

From: Heath Tanner <heath(at)inligo(dot)com>
To: Juan Francisco Diaz <j-diaz(at)publicar(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Function return type does not match
Date: 2003-09-25 22:28:37
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Thursday, September 25, 2003, at 03:09 PM, Juan Francisco Diaz
wrote:

> I restarted the srver and the computer and nothing seems to work...
>
> Do you know any other reason for this to happen?

Generally, when asking for assistance, you'll want to provide more
details. In this instance, for example, you should provide:

1) the version of Postgres you're working with. (You can type "select
version();" to find out if you're not sure.)
2) a copy of the entire function in question (or relevant parts of it's
a lengthy function and only one part of it is causing problems
3) the exact SQL statement that triggered the error or unexpected
result (e.g. "select my_function() from my_table;")
4) the resulting error message or unexpected results. (If it's an
error, you should copy and paste the entire error message.)

From what you've provided in your previous email, I have no idea what
is causing the error, but with a little more detail I'm sure someone
will be able to help you.

-heath