RE: Threaded Records in SQL: Advice Needed

From: "Ingram, Bryan" <BIngram(at)sixtyfootspider(dot)com>
To: mig(at)utdt(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Threaded Records in SQL: Advice Needed
Date: 2000-04-11 19:57:00
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanks for the ideas on the functions, that'll work nicely.

The only other problem I see in actually implementing this, is that the id
column i.e. /25/10/2/ will not be ordered correctly because it relies on
ascii values. You get alphabetic orderings, rather than numerical.

Such as:

1
10
11
12
14
2
20
25
3
4
5

instead of

1
2
3
4
5
10
11
12
14
20
25

Any ideas how to get around this? I'm working on the problem right now, but
haven't found anything yet.

Bryan