Re: [ADMIN] Oracle and Postgresql Play Nice Together on Same Computer?

From: "Frank D(dot) Engel, Jr(dot)" <fde101(at)fjrhome(dot)net>
To: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Oracle and Postgresql Play Nice Together on Same Computer?
Date: 2005-01-20 16:09:02
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Does anyone know if there could be a shared memory issue here?

If there is, then one of the two (postgres or oracle) would simply
refuse to start (it would quit with an error, I'd assume). If this
happens, you would need to either decrease the number of shared memory
resources one database or the other is asking for, or increase the
number of shared memory resources made available by the kernel (the
exact process depends on your operating system; I forget if you named
the one you are using or not).

Otherwise, there shouldn't be a problem, as long as your server
hardware has the resources to handle both at the same time (disk space,
memory/CPU power, etc.)