Re: Reworks of CustomScan serialization/deserialization

From: Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Reworks of CustomScan serialization/deserialization
Date: 2016-03-10 07:08:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We may need to fix up RegisterExtensibleNodeMethods() first.

Also, length limitation is (EXTNODENAME_MAX_LEN-1) because the last byte
is consumed by '\0' character. In fact, hash, match and keycopy function
of HTAB for string keys deal with the first (keysize - 1) bytes.
So, strkey(extnodename) == EXTNODENAME_MAX_LEN is not legal.

Thanks,

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-v9.6-extensible-namelen-check-by-ereport.patch application/octet-stream 740 bytes