Re: difference between functions and stored procedure

From: Vibhor Kumar <vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: siva kiran balijepalli <b(dot)sivakiran(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: difference between functions and stored procedure
Date: 2011-03-10 09:59:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Mar 10, 2011, at 2:45 PM, siva kiran balijepalli wrote:

> Can any one of u please tell me the diunction and a stored procedure??
> In postgresql there is no command like "create or replace procedure"??
> we haev to use "create function " for creating the procedures.. so how doest the server differentaites between those two???

Functions and Procedure are same in PostgreSQL. PG doesn't support CREATE PROCEDURE syntax.

Whatever you want to acheive you can acheive using Function. Do you have any specific requirement?

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
vibhor(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Blog:http://vibhork.blogspot.com