Re: stability problems

From: marc(at)atelier(dot)acadiau(dot)ca (Marc G(dot) Fournier)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: stability problems
Date: 2001-03-29 16:01:45
Lists: pgsql-general

"Lars Maschke" <lars(at)gmeiner(dot)de> writes:

>Hello Newsgroup

>I have stability problems with my Postgres 6.4 database. I am using PHP4.0.4
>and get access to the db. Sometimes when about 10-20 clients are using the
>website the postgres deamon shuts down and the message "no backend cache"
>appears. The processor ist at 60%-80% and about 10-15 postgres processes are
>on my linux machine. So what can i do ?

>My postgres-command is: /usr/lib/pgsql/bin/postmaster -B
>2048 -i -o -F -D/var/lib/pgsql

>Thanks
>Lars

Upgrade to v7.0.3 *at the very least* ... v7.1 is in final stages of its
release cycle, and should be out over the next week or so ...

But, each version that we've released has had memory leaks plugged,
performance increased and stability improved ... I wouldn't recommend
to *anyone* to run anything older then 1 (maybe 2) releases older then
what is the current release, for the above reasons ...

--
Marc G. Fournier marc(dot)fournier(at)acadiau(dot)ca
Senior Systems Administrator Acadia University

"These are my opinions, which are not necessarily shared by my employer"