Postgres DBA Job Posting

From: Matt Gradin <matt(dot)gradin(at)jivesoftware(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres DBA Job Posting
Date: 2011-06-21 23:44:06
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Postgres Database Administrator - Palo Alto or Portland

Jive's mission is to make work better. In our personal lives, we're blessed with amazing social tools that let us broadcast our experiences, find answers to our questions, consume the intriguing world around us, and help others. But that all ends when we get to work, where collaboration tools fall short to say the least. Jive Software is leading the social business software space, bringing useful and delightful software into the enterprise.

As a Postgres Database Administrator for Jive Software's Core Engineering team you will be responsible for helping drive all of our database-related capabilities to fulfill the overall product vision. This position will serve as the technical resource for database engineering principles and will take part in a variety of design, architecture and hands on implementations tasks to help ensure consistency and long-term integrity of the Jive platform.

Responsibilities:

* Develop and model and engineer Postgres solutions in a structured environment
* Apply problem solving techniques to design database design changes while balancing goals and constraints
* Serve as the technical expert for database engineering practices, design notations and methods
* Assist with configuration management systems and concepts (CVS, SVN, ClearCase, SourceSafe, etc)
* Migration of database objects from nonproduction to production
* Index maintenance
* Performance tuning
* Implement Database Change Controls & Service Requests
Requirements:

* Minimum 3 to 6 years of work experience as a Database Administrator
* Strong desire to learn Postgres
* Solid skills in database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
* Strong Database Management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
* Experience with XML
* Experience working with Java and high-available web applications
* Knowledge of fault detection and resolution processes
* Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of technical and non-technical audiences
To Apply: http://www.jivesoftware.com/about/careerdetails?jvi=o6lEVfwK,Job