Re: V8.3 fails to start after unremming hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'

From: "Alan Deane" <alan(at)anitltd(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Scott Mead'" <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "'Chris'" <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: V8.3 fails to start after unremming hba_file = 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf'
Date: 2009-07-30 00:52:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Ah, OK.

So what you are saying is that I don't need the 'ConfigDir/pg_hba.conf' in
postgresql.conf . I guess that makes sense as well because you would only
need that if it wasn't located in the data directory.

Although having said that, I think I uncommented it because I was having
trouble seeing the changes to the IP addresses in pgAdmin. But that was a
couple of days ago now and a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

I'll leave it hardcoded for now as it does seem to be picking up the setting
in pgAdmin.

Thanks for the link to the manual.

Cheers,
Alan.