Problem during Windows service start

From: "Sakai, Teppei" <sakai(dot)teppei(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem during Windows service start
Date: 2018-08-02 11:27:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

This is my first posting to the mailing list.

Currently our customer uses PostgreSQL 9.5 and hits problem during Windows service start.
The Windows service status of the instance is different from actual status.

We got the following situation.
1. Register service with 'pg_ctl register -N "PostgreSQL" -U postgres -P xxxx -D D:\data\inst1 -w'
2. Start the instance from the Windows service screen.
3. After 60 seconds, the startup process fails with a timeout.
Because crash recovery takes a lot of times.

Then, the service status of the instance become "STOPPED",
but the instance was running.
It cannot be stopped from the Windows service screen (it can be stopped only with pg_ctl).

PostgreSQL version : 9.5.12
Operating system : Windows Server 2012 R2

I think this is a bug.
I think it has not been fixed in the latest version, is my understanding correct?
If it is correct, I will fix it.

Regards,
SAKAI Teppei