Re: pg_regress cleans up tablespace twice.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_regress cleans up tablespace twice.
Date: 2020-02-19 21:06:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> But in the first place it comes from [1] and the comment says:

>> * XXX it would be better if pg_regress.c had nothing at all to do with
>> * testtablespace, and this were handled by a .BAT file or similar on
>> * Windows. See pgsql-hackers discussion of 2008-01-18.

> Is there any reason not to do that in vcregress.pl? I think the
> commands other than 'check' don't needs this.

I think the existing coding dates from before we had a Perl driver for
this, or else we had it but there were other less-functional ways to
replace "make check" on Windows. +1 for taking the code out of
pg_regress.c --- but I'm not in a position to say whether the other
part of your patch is sufficient.