Re: How to deny user changing his own password?

From: "Trewern, Ben" <Ben(dot)Trewern(at)mowlem(dot)com>
To: 'Jan Wieck' <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, adeon <adeon(at)tlen(dot)pl>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to deny user changing his own password?
Date: 2003-05-29 16:36:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Now I think about this it would be useful: I have an Access database which
connects to postgres and the password is saved in the access frontend. If
someone (not sure how!) runs ALTER USER ..... WITH PASSWORD '....'; via the
frontend they could disrupt the connection to the postgres backend. I'm
sure a similar situation could happen with PHP or similar as you often don't
use the postgres security features to secure your application.

Regards,

Ben Trewern