Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jacob Champion <champion(dot)p(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Date: 2024-01-26 17:15:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2024-01-24 We 13:08, Robert Haas wrote:

> Maybe you should adjust your patch to dump the manifests into the log
> file with note(). Then when cfbot runs on it you can see exactly what
> the raw file looks like. Although I wonder if it's possible that the
> manifest itself is OK, but somehow it gets garbled when uploaded to
> the server, either because the client code that sends it or the server
> code that receives it does something that isn't safe in 32-bit mode.
> If we hypothesize an off-by-one error or a buffer overrun, that could
> possibly explain how one field got garbled while the rest of the file
> is OK.

Yeah, I thought earlier today I was on the track of an off by one error,
but I was apparently mistaken, so here's the same patch set with an
extra patch that logs a bunch of stuff, and might let us see what's
upsetting the cfbot.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v7-0001-Introduce-a-non-recursive-JSON-parser.patch text/x-patch 421.1 KB
v7-0002-Add-support-for-incrementally-parsing-backup-mani.patch text/x-patch 7.6 KB
v7-0003-Use-incremental-parsing-of-backup-manifests.patch text/x-patch 11.5 KB
v7-0004-add-logging-traces-to-see-if-we-can-find-out-what.patch text/x-patch 3.3 KB