Re[4]: [Please vote for postgresql!!!]

From: Bruno Dickhoff <bruno(at)dickhoff(dot)de>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: GH <grasshacker(at)over-yonder(dot)net>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re[4]: [Please vote for postgresql!!!]
Date: 2000-12-04 22:13:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello The,

THH> just re-submit'd my vote ... maybe mycgiserver already has mysql installed
THH> and is only doing the vote to satisfy some ppl, but don't really want to
THH> install PgSQL? *raised eyebrow*

No. Like they said to me, they really don't want to install mysql, because it
lacks some features you'll need for professional projects. What they really
want is to support a free db system as backend for their upcoming support for
Enterprise Java Beans (Entity Beans). In fact their first candidate was
Interbase 6, until I told them to take a look on postgresql.

So the survey is just for information, they want to see what the users think.
That does not mean that they will take the "winner" of the survey, it's just
ONE parameter for their decision.

I believe, they won't take mysql, even if it gets 3 times as much votes as
postgresql. In my opinion, the race is really between Interbase 6 and
postgresql. I would like to see them support postgresql... Therefore, every
vote for postgresql is a good vote...

--
Best regards,
Bruno mailto:bruno(at)dickhoff(dot)de