Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql(at)rkirkpat(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL 6.5.3 built, but not released ...
Date: 1999-11-05 02:22:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 04 Nov 1999, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > Can someone else take a quick peak at the tarball before we release it,
> > just to make sure that nothing is missing? Its in the normal place, but
> > haven't announced it yet...
>
> For my two cents, the Linux/Alpha patches for 6.5.2 apply cleanly
> to the 6.5.3 tarball. I am compiling and running regression tests now, but
> I don't expect any problems.

I'm glad you checked that.... I am now going to upgrade the version on the
RPM's I'm building from 0.2 (testing version) to 1 (stable version). The Alpha
patches were the only thing I couldn't test here. Thanks!

RPM's will be available from my site tomorrow. Thomas or whoever can mirror
them over to ftp.postgresql.org. The release e-mail I will send out tomorrow
(after the Official Scrappy-Approved Release (TM) of 6.5.3, that is.) will
contain the text of the news item in it (note for Vince).

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio