Re: [HACKERS] Regression tests on intel for 6.5.2

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Regression tests on intel for 6.5.2
Date: 1999-09-27 23:52:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Tom Lane wrote:
> which is evidently doing the wrong thing on your platform. What does
> your man page for exp() say about error return conventions?

Platform is Intel Linux -- specifically:
RedHat Linux 6.0/Intel (glibc 2.1.1):

Man page for exp(3)...
-------------------
The log() and log10() functions can return the following errors:

EDOM
The argument x is negative.

ERANGE The argument x is zero. The log of zero is not defined.

The pow() function can return the following error:

EDOM
The argument x is negative and y is not an integral value. This would result in a complex number.
-------------------------------

> I suspect the assumption that finite() is always implemented as a macro
> if it's present at all is the weak spot ... or it might be that your
> math lib returns some other error code like EDOM ...

Man page finite(3)
The finite() function returns a non-zero value if value is neither infinite nor a
not-a-number (NaN) value, and 0 otherwise.

Seems that there was a table in those regression test results populated by
NaN....

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11