unixODBC

From: "M(dot)Rathmann" <M(dot)Rathmann(at)ping(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: unixODBC
Date: 1999-05-29 13:27:17
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all,

I have some problems with Postgres 6.3.2 under Linux 2.0.35 and unixODBC 1.0.4.
1. When I built the ODBC driver, the make failed because ld couldn't find
"-lcrypt". I removed it and all went well.
2. When trying to connect, ODBC gives an error "unsupported frontend protocol".

Im wondering if this is due to the fact that -lcrypt wasn't included. Any
suggestions would be welcome. The odbc test programme is working flawlessly
under WinNT console, so the error must within the postgres driver or unixODBC.
The guys of unixODBC were really helpful but advised me to ask here.

Thanks for your time
Markus