Re: browser interface to forums please?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Yuri Budilov <yuri(dot)budilov(at)hotmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: browser interface to forums please?
Date: 2017-04-05 17:44:16
Lists: pgsql-general

On 03/24/2017 09:49 PM, Yuri Budilov wrote:
> Hello everyone
> Can these forums be moved to internet ?
> All these emails is so 1990s.
> So hard to follow, so hard to search for historical answers.
> We really need to be able to post via browser.
>
> best regards to everyone

You are going to find that the .Org community is generally hostile
toward non-email centric communication. My recommendation is to look
toward these very useful external communities:

* https://plus.google.com/communities/116371937400081693174
* https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgres/
* http://www.stackoverflow.com/
* http://reddit.com/r/postgresql

If you would like a highly dynamic environment, you may try IRC. Yes it
is an old school protocol but over 1000 people hangout on that channel
and there are a lot of them that try to help.

IRC:
* Server: irc.freenode.net
* Channel: #postgresql

Other collaborative platforms:

* https://gitter.im/postgresmen/postgresql

If you are looking for an awesome interface to the IRC channel, you can
try Riot:

* https://riot.im/app/#/room/#freenode_#postgresql:matrix.org

Thanks for trying to participate,

JD