Quotes in input

From: "Justin R(dot) Smith" <jsmith(at)mcs(dot)drexel(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Quotes in input
Date: 1999-02-21 16:03:15
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I use pgaccess to update a database of text blocks, some of which contain
single quotes. Sometimes I have to write them as \' and sometimes as '

Could there be a bug somewhere causing quotes to be automatically escaped
in some cases but not others?

Time blows wildly against my door | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows | Department of Mathematics and
Like dead leaves of summers past | Computer Science
Memories of forgotten lore | Drexel University
Making way for new tomorrows | Philadelphia, PA 19104
New hopes, new fears, |
and new ways that last | Office: (215) 895-1847

c Justin R. Smith, March 14, 1994 | Fax: (215) 895-1582

My home page: http://www.mcs.drexel.edu/~jsmith