transaction timeout

From: "Kevin T(dot) Manley" <kmanley(at)qwest(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: transaction timeout
Date: 2001-03-17 01:10:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a timeout setting I can use to abort transactions that aren't
deadlocked, but which have been blocked waiting for locks greater than some
amount of time? I didn't see anything in the docs on this and observed with
2 instances of psql that a transaction waiting on a lock seems to wait
forever.

If pgsql doesn't have such a setting, has there been any discussion about
adding it?

Regards,
Kevin Manley