basic security

From: Robert Hollingsworth <reh2(at)prodigy(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: basic security
Date: 2008-11-05 17:34:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

hello,
I want to establish basic security for my pgsql database, which is on a commercial web server.  In particular, I don't want people to be able to login from the internet as my superuser.

If I ALTER USER my_superuser NOLOGIN, will that be sufficient?  I've passworded that user, but I seem to be able to get access myself without providing the password.

thanks,
REH